Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dirty Clothes {Frequent Frustrations}





Let me first start out by saying I LOVE my husband more than I can even put into words. Really he is so great and I just don't know what I did to deserve such a great guy. That being said, he is a bit of a man child, which is nice in the way that he is constantly making me laugh and we have so much fun, but frustrating in the way that I am constantly picking up after him. I always joke that I have three children (hubby included) instead of two but sometimes it really does drive me crazy.



Take for instance this morning every morning, Ty gets up before me, leaves for school or work depending on the day, and then I wake up and see this site.....every morning. Yes those would be his PJs, he gets dressed and ready and leaves this for me. Oh! and the hamper is about two feet from where this is on the floor. "Aw honey that is so sweet of you to leave your dirty laundry on the floor for me to pick up so I am reminded of you throughout the day....awwww thank you" (sense sarcasm much). Although he does put his dirty clothes away at night when he puts on his PJs, just not in the morning. ***Shrugs shoulders. I do not get it.

Some of you might say "Just leave them there and have him pick them up later." Well the problem is It drives me CRAZY to see it there on the floor I HAVE to pick it up I just have to. So maybe it is partially my fault and that is why it is sooooo FRUSTRATING. 

Can some of you relate to this? Picking up dirty laundry of husbands and children? My little guys are too little to pick up their own laundry now but I'm sure I'll be having this frustration with them later as well.

XOXO

5 comments:

Melissa Stone said...

My husband leaves laundry everywhere! I have to remind him to pick it up every night, and even then I'm lucky if it makes it to our bedroom floor, but at least it's there and not somewhere public. But it's not just laundry, it's everything...

Tiffany Renee said...

Ah Whit! I feel like I could write the exact same post! There is always a pile of Darren's clothes right next to the shower. And SOCKS! Oh the socks are everywhere! Just wait though, I'm planning to show one of the most annoying things that Darren does with dirty clothes. Men! lol.

Heather & Nick said...

Haha I'm pretty sure my husband would be the one to relate to this! In my defense, I don't leave them on the floor. Just on the foot of the bed. Oops!

Hailey said...

My husband does the same thing! The hamper is only a few feet from his side of the bed, but they always end up half way between the bed and the hamper. I'm thinking of putting a basket right up against the bed and seeing what happens. Maybe I can train him by slowly moving it closer to the hamper over the next few weeks. ;)

The Wiser Family said...

This is too funny. I think EVERY man does this. My mom told me my dad did this when they were first married. She started quietly just kicking his clothes under the bed each morning until one day he was super confused and didn't know where any of his pajamas went. He put them in the hamper every morning after that.

Pin It button on image hover