Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder {Daily Diaries}






Ok so I know my husband does a lot, and I mean a lot, but sometimes I just don't realize it until I don't have his help for a couple days. A couple weeks ago he was sick with a stomach bug and because we didn't want the kids to get it he was pretty much quarantine to the bedroom and the bathroom. I am a freak when it comes to sickness especially if I can prevent my kids from getting it. I HATE throw up, I know everyone does, but it gives me serious panic attacks so when it is avoidable that is just what I am going to do. So while my poor hubby was in our room being sick, watching Netflix and doing homework for two days, I was taking care of the kids.

The Undone Blog: Absence makes the heart grow fonder

The boys and I didn't really see him much those two days even though he was in the house with us. I know this is dramatic but I felt like a single mom. I don't know how you single moms, or moms whose hubbies travel a lot do it. It was lonely and I really missed the help. You ladies are amazing who do this by yourself all the time. Sometimes I think I need these reminders of how much he does for me, the boys, and our family, and I need to tell my husband thank you more often. 

The Undone Blog: Absence makes the heart grow fonder
He helps with all the house and parenting duties while going to school and doing an internship. He plays with the boys, he helps with laundry when I don't get it done before he gets home, he helps with dinner and dishes, he takes out the garbage, he fixes our cars, he takes care of the boys when I am busy or when I just need a break, he helps me with computers, he gives me snuggles when I need them, he talks to me,  he is an amazing dad, an amazing husband and he really is my best friend. 

The Undone Blog: Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Sometimes I really do think a little absence does make the heart grow fonder. I miss him when he is away (even if it is just at school or work) and I realize how much he does for our family and how truly lucky I really am. So Ty...Thank you for all you do and thank you for being such a good example to me. You are such a happy and fun person to be around and you really know how to live life to the fullest and I really admire that about you.

Now ladies go give your hubby a big snuggle right now and tell him how much you appreciate him :)



No comments:

Pin It button on image hover