Thursday, October 11, 2012

Getting in the picture {Daily Diaries}






On Facebook we posted this article about getting in the picture with your kids. I realized it's totally right. I want my boys to have pictures to remember these moments with. I want them to be able to visualize how I was as a mother, and I want them to be able to see how much I have always adored them. It is also really important to me that each child get lots of pictures and memories of them with each of us as parents. I want them to know I am not just a mom to 2 boys, I am their own personal mother. I am Charlie's mother. I am Henry's mother. They are each so different and so, so special, and our relationships are different and equally special.

I thought for sure I was going to hate the pictures. I haven't lost all the baby weight, I didn't do my hair, I am still in my yoga pants, etc., but you know what? 

I love them. 

UNDONE: "Get in the Picture", motherhood moments

UNDONE: "Get in the Picture", motherhood moments

UNDONE: "Get in the Picture", motherhood moments

UNDONE: "Get in the Picture", motherhood moments

UNDONE: "Get in the Picture", motherhood moments
Lol, ok, Henry does NOT like to be in pictures with me apparently. 

UNDONE: "Get in the Picture", motherhood moments

UNDONE: "Get in the Picture", motherhood moments

So moms. Get in the picture. And for me I realized, that by "getting in the picture" I was getting into so much more than that. Do it, and you will see. 


Quick update on the tray from my Frequent Frustration post: A) It is still there. B) It has now become a battle of wills, who can stand it there the longest. C) There are TWO NOW?! Seriously. No Bueno, that is not apart of the rules. He is in trouble. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw that article too and it REALLY Hit home. I never get in the pictures with my kids because i am never 'ready' - after reading i realized that if i wait until i am 'ready' my kids will have photos of me at their weddings and that is it! i have definitely taken that article to heart (and it also inspired me to take the time for myself once in a while to actually BE Ready, so i will be a happier mama :)

Ashley said...

gah didn't mean to be anonymous ^ lol

Pin It button on image hover