Friday, October 5, 2012

Husband Appreciation {Daily Diaries}





A couple of weeks ago I received a FB message from an older woman in my ward regarding my blog post about my snoring hubby. She is one of the sweetest, most caring women I know. She lost her husband a couple of months ago, and this is what she wrote...(names have been changed for privacy purposes.)

"I just visited your new blog and loved it. I'll never look at Jared without remembering the snoring (sorry). BUT, just between you and me that was one of my pet peeves with Fred. He made so much noise when sleeping and it seemed so annoying. I also thought about all the same things mentioned in your post. Well, guess what? I miss it now. I would give ANYTHING to hear that again. It's really amazing what our vantage point in life does to our thinking..."

While reading this message I immediatly felt guilty for "complaining" about Jared. I could tell that a little bit of selfishness and "conditional" love had set inside my heart. Needless to say, I apologized to my sweet husband and decided it was time for a  change. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm a pretty good wife to Jared but, I'm definitely no where near the bar that I had originally set for myself 4 years ago. He definitely deserves more credit than I give him. And my friend is so right. I would listen to Jared's man-bear-pig snoring every night for forever if it meant that I got to wake up next to him for just one more day. So lately i've been trying really hard to appreciate the small things that Jared does for me and to not be so picky about the things he doesn't do. It makes me grateful to walk down stairs in the morning and see his cereal bowl sitting on the counter, pantry door wide open and his whisker hairs in the bathroom sink from shaving his face. If those things weren't there, neither would Jared. So Jared, this one is for you.

Thank you for being such a wonderful husband to me and such an excellent father to Grace. We are so blessed to have a man in our lives who provides, presides and protects as you do. Thank you for loving our Heavenly Father, honoring your priesthood and serving others so freely. You are wonderful example to me and your daughter. I will continue to be your best friend, confidant, and eternal companion...if you'll have me. Thank you going to school and working full time to ensure our family's future. And thank you for loving me unconditionally. You are truly my better half. And I love you. Desperately :)


So, Ladies. This post was not to brag or make you feel bad. That is NOT my intention for this post. All I hope to leave with you, if nothing else, is to appreciate your husband. If there are socks on the floor, cereal bowls on the countertop, the toilet seat is in the "up-right" position, OR you sleep next to a man-bear-pig every night...then consider yourself lucky. Your husband is still here. Show him that you love him. And love him like there is no tomorrow because, really, there might not be a tomorrow. Appreciate life. Because life is beautiful.

I love you, Jared.

Undone Blog: Husband Appreciation

PS. Have you seen who won our giveaway to H&M?! Was it YOU?! Check out the post below to find out!









2 comments:

Whit said...

beautifully said Hailey! This makes me want to give my hubby extra snuggles today. You are such a cute family

Chels & Nash said...

Loved this post Hailey! Just what I needed to hear today. Thanks for putting things into perspective. Love your guys new blog too.

Pin It button on image hover