Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Little Spider-Princess {Practicing Pinterest}






It's Halloween costume time for the little littles, and this year Quinn's costume is coming from Pinterest. Do you remember a while back when I said she loves Spider-Man? Well I came across this little gem one day and I knew I had to do this for her.
Spider-Girl Costume

Source: etsy.com via Tiffany on Pinterest

While I love love loved this as soon as I saw it, and I knew I had to do it for Quinn, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it this year. She is still small enough to fit into the adorable fluffy baby/toddler costumes like this one that she wore last year, so I was torn between trying to find one of those cute things or making Spider-Man. In the end the mom in me decided that Spider-Man was the best for her because she LOVES Spider-Man so much right now, and who knows what she'll like next year. So I took a deep breath and passed on the cute fluffiness.  Now, without further ado, here is Spider-Quinn!
UNDONE: Add a tutu to a Spider-Man costume {Practicing Pinterest}
The orignal pin is for an Etsy shop where you can buy the tutu, but I just got some blue and red tulle, and a ribbon (I like to use a ribbon that I can just tie together rather than elastic), and I whipped up a little tutu. If you don't know how to make a tutu, it's super simple. This is the tutorial that I learned from. The only thing I do differently is tie the tulle on to a ribbon and tie it around my daughter's waist. So how does mine look compared to the pin? I think the original is done with Spider-Man PJ's instead of a costume like ours (which you can get here), and I also didn't add the little black "web" into the tutu because I'm lazy, so it's a little different, but I feel like Quinn and I nailed it.
UNDONE: Add a tutu to a Spider-Man costume {Practicing Pinterest}
This was a super easy way to add a little femininity to a superhero costume, because who says superheros are for boys? Not me. I remember being a Ninja Turtle when I was 5. It looks like Quinn is a lot like her mommy. Who else is going to have a little superhero for Halloween this year? Quinn has  al little mask with her costume too, that she actually LOVES, but wouldn't wear for this photos. Silly kids.





No comments:

Pin It button on image hover