Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DIY Toddler Workbench {Practicing Pinterest}




                                                                                Source: designdazzle.blogspot.com via Whitney on Pinterest


I found this super cute tool bench on Pinterest a while back, put it in my boys room board and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I told Ty about it and we decided to be on the look out for a nightstand to turn into a tool bench for our Maddux. I just loved this idea because it is much cuter and will last a lot longer than the plastic ones you buy at the toy stores. It would be less expensive too which is always a plus for me

The Undone Blog: DIY play workbench

I was at the DI one day browsing around and found a brown wood cabinet for only $5. As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for the tool bench. So we brought it home and got to work. To find the Full Tutorial on my work bench go HERE.

The Undone Blog: DIY play workbench

We painted the cabinet red, painted some MDF board with chalkboard paint for the work surface and attached peg board to store his toy tools.

The Undone Blog: DIY play workbench

The chalkboard work surface was a hit with this little one! This is one of his very favorite Toys and plays "fix it" multiple times a day.

The Undone Blog: DIY play workbench

 I ended up liking my version better than the Pinterest inspiration. What do you think? Did I nail this Practicing Pinterest???

The Undone Blog: DIY play workbench

1 comment:

Tiffany Renee said...

I think yours is even cuter Whit! Love it! We have a plastic Bob the Builder on that is very unstable! This looks like it could stand up to a lot more kid love!

Pin It button on image hover