Friday, November 9, 2012

Potty Break {Frequent Frustrations}






I hate to say it, but we are failing at potty training. If you don't remember, we decided to officially start potty training Quinn last week. Well the 3 day method DID NOT work for us! Not even close. The first day I cleaned up a lot of pee, and Quinn was completely uninterested in the potty. She loved the app I downloaded on the iPad and wanted to watch the music video on there over and over, but she still didn't want to go potty. And that pretty much never changed. In fact she got to the point where she refused to sit on the potty. We went out and let her pick out her very own Elmo potty, thinking that might make her more interested in sitting on the potty.
Well it actually did! For a day. She loves the flusher and definitely likes her Elmo potty better than the Diago one, but she lost interest in sitting on it. She did however stand in it and pee 3 times.  I suppose that was a step up from standing in the middle of the living room and peeing... But the next day she was uninterested in using the potty again and didn't use the potty at all.

So I've decided to take a little break. I won't lie, I'm worn out and tired of cleaning toddler pee out of my carpet. Quinn simply doesn't care about using the potty. I'm going to give her some more time to get  more interested in the potty before we go diaper-less again. I'm thinking she may not recognize the feeling of needing to go potty and maybe she needs to develop a little more bladder control before she's ready. I don't know, I just need a break for myself! How long did it take your little ones to catch on?



P.S. Have you guys have a chance to read about our awesome blog designer, Erin? Check out this post if you haven't! She's amazing and she needs our help to raise money for her dad's luekemia treatment! So donate below if you can!

HELP ERIN'S DAD CONTINUE TO FIGHT LEUKEMIA! DONATE NOW! 

ANYTHING helps, so don't be shy even if you only have $5
Thanks! We love you all!


2 comments:

Alli said...

I've tried and given up three times now, don't feel bad! I figure when she's ready she'll catch on.

Tiffany Renee said...

Thanks for the support Alli! She is getting more and more interested in the potty every day and saying things when I change her diaper, so hopefully one day soon I'll be able to get up the courage to try again? I officially hate all the people who say "You can do it in 3 days, it's so easy!" - um not for me!!!

Pin It button on image hover