Thursday, November 1, 2012

Potty Party {Daily Diaries}






The time has come, we are officially potty training Quinn. I'll be honest, I think she's been ready for a little while but I've been putting it off because I wasn't sure if I was quite ready. We dabbled in potty training a few months ago, and when I had to clean poop off the carpet I sort of fell off the potty train. But I'm ready to give it another go, even though I'm nervous. I guess it will be nice to no longer change diapers, but I just remember potty training being such a hassle with Parker! So I'm more scared than excited. But it's time to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.

We've got her brother's old Diago Potty...
UNDONE: Potty Training a toddler - Little Potty

A pack of Minnie Mouse undies all washed and ready to go...
UNDONE: Potty Training a toddler

Plenty of Halloween candy for rewards...
UNDONE: Potty Training a toddler

And a few random bigger rewards for pooping... I originally wasn't going to get her anything different for pooping, but I took her diaper off when she looked like she was about to "poo poo" yesterday and she seems really resistant to pooping on the potty. So I got her a few toys for incentive. I'm planning on taking the Zoobles and the socks out of their packaging and giving them to her one at a time
UNDONE: Potty Training a toddler - Potty rewards

We also grabbed a couple of books from the library
UNDONE: Potty Training a toddler - Potty books

Lastly we've got a pack of Pull Up's. I've read a lot of stuff saying not to use Pull up's, but Darren is nervous to go straight to undies.
UNDONE: Potty Training a toddler

I even downloaded a couple of apps on my phone and iPad. I'm really trying to prepare myself for this!

I'm going to start out with this method over the next few days and then we'll see where it goes from there. Ah! I feel crazy already! She hasn't been very excited about the potty, in fact, yesterday she even tried to put a diaper back on herself. I have no idea what to expect for a whole diaper free day! Does anyone have any good potty training tips or success stories? Hey, or even horor stories, I'm happy to hear it all!



No comments:

Pin It button on image hover