Friday, December 21, 2012

Family Appreciation {Daily Diaries}




    I would like to start out this post by saying, Merry Christmas! Us Undone ladies are taking a little break this next week to spend some much needed time with our loved ones. Thus, I won't be writing on this blog until after Christmas! Thanks for all of your support :) Onto the good stuff.

     I get a bit emotional during Christmas time. I'm not quite sure if I can pin down 1 reason why... It could be the Christmas music, the white symbolic snow, the good deeds being done, the cherished time spent with family and friends, maybe it's the fact that Gracie is growing up and another year has slipped right through my fingers, or the other fact that I'm getting older and that my smile line on my cheek is getting more and more predominate. Or is it that I always look back on a year and think about all of the things that I've been through and accomplished? I just can't pin it down. One thing I do know, though, is that I love my family.

     I love Jared. He is, and forever will be my rock. We've actually been through some tough places this year and in the moment it seemed rough, but looking back we did pretty well. He truly keeps me grounded. He is also a great therapist. He will stay up till the wee hours of the morn talking to me about all of the things going on my crazy head. Also, I love my baby, Grace. (Yes. She is my baby. At almost 16 months old.) She never ceases to amaze me. She learns so quickly and is so smart. She is also very patient with me and is the most forgiving individual I know. I'm so lucky to be her mother.

There are some other people that I would like to introduce to you today! And these are the other people that I'm very thankful for! From left to right :)


My brother in law, Dez. My little sister, Olivia. My mom, Tammie. My dad, Dave. You all know Gg. My little brother, Coulson. And you know Jared and I. These people are some of the greatest, most loving people I know. I'm truly grateful for them in my life.




I would like to give you my top 12 moments of 2012.

1. Growing closer to my husband. We've made it one of our personal goals this year to get to know each other better. I think we've definitely accomplished that. I love him so much more than I did 4 1/2 years ago. Crazy how that happens :)

2. Watching my baby grow. From her first taste of rice cereal to her first steps. It has been so much fun to watch her grow! And they grow so much from birth to their first year of life. I seriously adore this little girl. She's perfect.

3. Gracies 1st Birthday party! We had so much fun celebrating this kiddos life! She loved all of her toys and books. But she HATED playing in her cake. She is so funny! I cried the night before her 1st birthday because I was so sad that she is was growing up. But I put on my big girl britches and realized that that is the best thing about being a parent. Watching them grow is the most wonderful thing.

4. Seeing my sister be sealed to my brother in law. That was such a good day. And I'm so proud of my sister for making the choices that did so that she could be married to her sweetie for eternity. I love them!

5. My dad turned the big 5-0. It was fun teasing him about being an "old" man :) He is such a good dad and I feel grateful to have him in my life. I love watching him play with gg. He goes from this power-house business man to this giant teddy bear/goof! It's the best :)

6. My brother in law, Brian, (Jareds little brother) graduated from high school and he received his mission call to Canada! He is such a good brother to Jared and a wonderful uncle to Grace. I'm so excited to see him grow and serve our Heavenly Father! Ps. He's also going to be speaking Mandarin Chinese. In Canada. Crazy, huh!?

7. My other brother in law, Todd, (Jareds other younger brother) was also married! He married a cute lady named Emily at the end of July. I've never seen Todd so happy. And it was so good to see Jared's side of the family again. We don't get to see many of them often.

8. Jared and his school advisor found out that Jared will finally graduate in February of 2014! Thats a little over a year away!!!! I'm so excited for Jared to be done with school. I know that the last year of school is tough, but I know he can do it.

9. We took a trip to Cedar city with with my parents and Libby's new inlaws. We stayed in a cabin that they have up in the mountains there. It was so pretty! We 4-wheeled down to a hiking spot and then hiked to a beautiful water fall. (Where I actually fell in. I'm so clumsy.) It was so cute to watch gg on her daddy's back bouncing up and down in the back pack. She was only 9 months old at the time and did so well! The scenery was just beautiful and I loved spending some extra time with Jared.

10. This past August marked a whole year of me being a stay at home mom. This has been such a blessing to me. I never thought that I would love staying home as much as I do. (don't get me wrong, sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out and banging my head on the wall lol!) I love being here for every new thing that Grace says and does. It's also given me more time to do some things that I've always wanted to do but just haven't had time. Like writing in my journal more frequently, learning how to knit, hanging out with my mom and sister more. And this is all thanks to my hard working husband. I am so blessed to have a man who will allow me to stay home with our kids.

11. I received a new church calling this year...and to be honest, I was totally shocked that the Bishopric thought that I would be good for this calling. I'm the primary Chorister. And let me tell you. I was totally terrified for about the first 3 months that I did it. Singing and leading music are NOT my forte. But I've gotten used to it now, and I can truly say that I love being in the primary with the little kids. They have taught me so much! And I can kinda lead music now! lol! It's been a HUGE learning experience. But it's been worth it.

12. We created the Undone Blog! Hooray! This has been such a fun experience. It's been a blast getting to know Whitney and Tiffany all over again.  I'm so lucky to have two wonderful friends who I can talk to and not be judged. I have so much fun with Whit and Tiff. Everyday we chit chat and end up laughing our heads off. We've worked really hard to get this blog up and running and we all feel like 2013 is going to be a very productive year for us!!! I can't wait to see what all we have in store for us in the future. I love you ladies so much :) PS. ERIN! You rocked our faces off with your beautiful blog creation! And you're a gem as a person. I know that us Undone girls sure think a lot of you. Thanks for all of your hard work on our behalf.


And there you go! I hope you all look back on this year and reflect on your favorite memories of 2012. I hope that most of those wonderful memories were spent with the people that you love. Here's to a New Year! Bring it on 2013.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!










No comments:

Pin It button on image hover