Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fence Post Snowmen {Practicing Pinterest}


Winter is upon us! And the holiday season is in full swing, so what's better than some super easy winter crafts? Today we're going to share what we made on our fun craft day a few weeks ago.

SUPER CUTE SNOWMEN!!!
{The Undone Blog} 4x4 posts, fabric scraps, and socks make a snowman!
You might be thinking, "Hey, I'm an Undone mom, I don't have time for crafts!" Or maybe you think you don't have skills to make your own decorations, but don't worry, we've got your back ladies, this is a super simple, finish-during-nap-time, craft. Which are our favorite kind at Undone. 

I (Tiffany) was lucky enough to have had half my fence blown over last December, har har, so I had a giant pile of wood sitting on the side of my house. When I saw this pin, I knew exactly what I could do with some of that old fence, that was of course still sitting on the side of my house long after the new fence was put up.

Source: repinly.com via Tiffany on Pinterest


So I invited all of my Undone sisters who were interested in the snowmen to come over and make them with me! My AWESOME dad cut the posts down to size, because none of us ladies were qualified to operate a power saw, and then we got to creating.

If you want to make these for yourself all you need is...

- a 4x4 post cut into 3 pieces (ours were recycled from the fence)
- craft paint and brushes
- socks for hats
- elastic or twist tie to "bunch" the hat
- fabric for scarves
- buttons for eyes and buttons
- wood scrap or whatever you like for a nose
- a glue gun

Then you paint the wood, put on the hats, glue on the faces and buttons, and tie the scarves. You could do that all during nap time right!? If you want a more detailed tutorial, Whit wrote one up on her blog, A Mommy's Life with a Touch of Yellow.

So here's a look at how each of our snowmen turned out. We had so much fun making them our own and not just creating carbon copies!

{The Undone Blog} 4x4 posts, fabric scraps, and socks make a snowman!


{The Undone Blog} 4x4 posts, fabric scraps, and socks make a snowman!

{The Undone Blog} 4x4 posts, fabric scraps, and socks make a snowman!

What do you all think? I am IN LOVE with mine! They are the perfect thing to hide the outlets on my front porch. Plus I had so much fun making them with my friends. What kind of winter/holiday decorations do you have up? We want to see them! And of course, if any of you end up making these snowmen, we want to see them for sure!






No comments:

Pin It button on image hover