Friday, January 4, 2013

Coconut Oil Hair Treatment {Practicing Pinterest}








Hello all! I'm so excited to be able to post today! I've found the most amazing hair treatment EVER! And remember, I'm a hair dresser, I've tried a ton of things on my hair.

A long time ago, I was NATURALLY blonde. Then came my Jr. High years...I was slowly starting to go darker and darker. My mom let me get a few highlights every now and then to brighten up my hair. Then in High School I got my first full blonde weave. Needless to say, I've been bleaching my hair since. And it SERIOUSLY takes a toll on my locks. Especially during these dry winter months. I love to have blonde hair, but is it worth the frying? And my answer is, YES! lol! Because I found this little diddy on Pinterest!



 Click for website here ---> http://www.howdoesshe.com/coconut-oil-moisture-treatment/   

*I will do my own little explanation of it here.

*All you need is some coconut oil, a shower cap/ plastic grocery bag, and a hair dryer for faster processing.

*Start with dry hair. I had 2nd or 3rd day hair when I did this.

*Grab a handful of coconut oil. It's going to be solid, but it will start to melt as you work it in your hands.

*Start at the ends of your hair and work the oil in all of the way to the roots until all of your hair is saturated.

*Put on a shower cap or tie a plastic grocery bag around your head (like I did :)) and leave it on your hair for at least 30 mins or 15 mins if you apply heat by blowdrying. I did the blowdrying method because gg was asleep and I had other things to do. SO. The faster the processing time, the better for me. AND! If you do apply heat, it opens your hair cuticle and lets the coconut oil right in.

*Shampoo and Condition like normal. I did shampoo my hair twice though.

*Style like normal! And enjoy your silky, smooth locks!

This treatment is seriously so easy and fast! It's going to be a "go-to" for me from now on. If you click on the link, you can read more about some of her favorite coconut oil treatments. I loved her website! It was so much fun! I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this glorious hair treatment on pinterest. Thank you pinterest. Thank you. I hope you all enjoy the white gold, that is coconut oil :)







4 comments:

Whit said...

Love this I am going to try it out this week for sure once I can get to the store to buy some. :) Thanks for the tip

Jamaican Black Castor Oil said...

I appreciated coconut oil. Its really effective for hair growth. I hope every person whose are looking forward for something good uses for hair I reckon should use any
kind of good coconut oil. Thanks mate.

Emily Beth said...

i tried this before church today, and it worked so well! i got so many compliments on my usually damaged and brittle hair. thanks!

Alan Abraham said...

Dr.D.M.Mahajan specializes in hair transplant in gurgaon. For more information regarding medical UAE Facilities visit hair loss treatment delhi.

Pin It button on image hover