Sunday, February 17, 2013

What to Wear? {Daily Diaries}







I meant to post this on Valentine's day, but I'm sure everyone knows how things can get when it's a holiday and you've got tons on your list. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great V-Day and in honor of this loving holiday I decided to do a little post about my V-Day attire. Originally Darren and I didn't really have anything planned for Valentine's Day (we're exciting, I know), but then my sister ended up being able to babysit for us so we decided to get tickets to a murder mystery dinner! And a fun date means I need to actually dress myself for the day! Okay, okay, I would have done that anyway since it's a special day and all. I planned to at least be out of PJ's before Darren got home.... but since we went out I decided to dress up a bit.

Now comes the fun part - NOT! Have you ever bought something even though you had absolutely nothing in your closet to go with it? Yeah... that's what I did with this skirt.

{The UNDONE Blog} Pleated Skirt

I found this cutie on clearance before Christmas, and even though I had no clue what to wear with it I just loved it, so I bought it anyway. Then it sat in my closet for 2 months. Wah.. wah... It wasn't just that I didn't have anything to go with it, but I didn't even know what to put with it. I have to be honest, this skirt is a little bit of a leap for me style-wise, but I made a tiny goal to branch out with my look. So I was determined to finally wear this skirt!

Ah, but what to wear with it? I decided to try to pair it with something from my boring closet, so let's find out how style inept I am. No one laugh.

But before I show you what I actually decided on, check out the mess I made in the process. I think I tried on half the shirts I own.

{The UNDONE Blog} Making messes while getting dressed

I've seen a lot of cute looks around Pinterest with a skirt like mine paired with a cute button up blouse - usually tucked in. But I don't have anything like that. And I can't find anything like that. Annnnnnnd, I don't know if I'm a huge fan of tucking in with this skirt on me. I feel like to make it look cute tucked in I have to pull it up a little higher and then it's just so short. But THIS girl looks amazing! 

Source: lolobu.com via Tiffany on Pinterest

Too bad I don't want to wear a skirt that short... and I don't have that cute shirt. So I tried to pull something else together. This is what I settled on

{The UNDONE Blog} what to wear with a pleated skirt

The best thing about this is that I had just bought this shirt the day before Valentine's day. Only $3 at Target! Maybe I only chose it this night because it was new. I was originally leaning towards a black cardigan, but I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I felt like I was going to a funeral with the black tights and the sweater, and I for sure wanted to wear the tights, so I ditched the cardigan. Maybe next time. After I finally decided on a top I didn't know if I should tuck or not. I almost wore the shirt tucked in, but at the last minute decided I like the untucked version better - mostly due to the issues I talked about earlier. I can't decide if this look is cute or grandma. What do you think? I guess that's what going out of my comfort zone gets me! But I'm happy I finally wore my skirt, even if I wasn't 100% confident in my whole outfit. I know Quinn liked it at least, she kept fluffing my skirt and saying "Oh princess!" So I'll take her seal of approval :) 





No comments:

Pin It button on image hover