Friday, March 22, 2013

Decisions Decisions {Frequent Frustrations}






Ah! I have the worst time make decisions! I'm more than indecisive, I'm straight up neurotic when it comes to deciding. I completely overanalyze everything, and I drive myself crazy trying to make choices on the smallest stuff. I kind of obsess about making the wrong decision. Seriously, even with something as small as choosing which cereal to buy. I'm a bit of an anxious and obsessive person in general, so I can see where this comes from. I've been a "worrier" for as long as I can remember. I was always the cautious kid who didn't like to go fast on motocycles or ride crazy roller-coasters, and not to mention a total hypochondriac - which I could probably write a whole post about in itself. Truthfully, I could probably write endless posts about all of the things that stem from my anxious personality. It's kind of rough being a basket case. Especially this decision making problem. I really think I kind of need help, I get way too stressed out about the strangest things!

Right now I'm having a break down about what to get Quinn for her Easter basket. Candy and some little treats are easy to decide on, but I want to get each kid one fun toy that's a little bit bigger. Parker's is simple because he is always wanting something and I know he wants this Hero Factory toy. But I'm struggling with Quinn.  The last few times I've gotten Quinn gifts there was something that I had to get for her, but right now I'm drawing a blank. I was pretty set on getting her this Pocahontas doll from the Disney store.

Disney Animators Club Pocahontas Doll

BUT, we got her Merida for Christmas and she never plays with her! In fact, I think she kind of hates her. I don't know. It's weird. We got the same one for my niece's birthday a couple of weeks before Christmas and Quinn LOVED it, and even on Christmas Day she was talking to the doll when she was still in the box and trying to feed her, so I don't know what happened! She doesn't seem to have turned on her Rapunzel doll though, she actually has started playing with that doll more than she originally did when we got her last Easter, so again, I don't know. She likes the picture of Pocahontas when I show her.

I've also had one of these singing dolls from the Disney store on the list of things I've wanted to get her. I was thinking either Pocahontas or Rapunzel.

Disney Singing Rapunzel Doll

I feel like the singing makes them more fun, but would we be overloading on Rapunzel? I think she favors the Rapunzel doll over Pocahontas,  but she already has the toddler doll and the Barbie sized doll, so is it better to go with something different? Is it possible to have too many Rapunzels?

Which brings me to Lalaloopsy. She has really been loving this Lalaloopsy movie on Netflix, and I thought she might like a doll. Look how cute this little cheetah one is!

Lalaloopsy Littles Doll Whiskers Lion's Roar

But will she play with it? Or will end up like Merida? She has been liking her "babies" more and this doll is more of a baby than the others.

But then the lady at Toys R' Us said that her daughters like the mini Lalaloopsies better, so maybe those would be better for Quinn? And then again at the store Quinn was liking this singing one.

Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Star Doll - Harmony B Sharp

The drawback on this one is that the reviews online said it was hard for little kids to play with, so will she like it out of the box or is she too little for it? She was laughing and smiling at it a lot though, and it is on sale for half price too. So I feel like the singing Lalaloopsy is a good value, it is less money than the singing Disney doll even. But if it's too hard to play with then it doesn't matter if it's a good deal.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! Brain overload!!! I seriously don't know what to do!!!! Pocahontas and the cheetah are super cute, but Rapunzel and the other Lalaloopsy are more interactive. I literally CAN'T make a decision. I took Quinn to the store today to see what kind of things she favors, but I think that only made things worse. I kind of want to scrap ALL of my ideas now. She liked EVERYTHING at the store! Or she would shove Lalaloopsy away and then 10 minutes later run back to the isle and hug her! Quinn, just tell me what your favorite toy is please? Bleck, why can't I just pick something and go with it? My brain won't let me be normal. I go through this all the time, which is the frustrating thing. How do I reign in my indecisiveness? Do any of you other ladies have the problem? I know it probably seems dumb to others, but I can't help but be a stress case, that's my life! I don't do well with too many options, on ANYTHING! Of course this just a toy, and if she doesn't play with it it's not the end of the world, but it's disappointing when I end up buying things that my kids don't care about. Tell me what to do people! What are your toddlers in to and what are you giving your kids for Easter? I need to know!

Oh, and thanks for enduring my craziness :)  Comments and suggestions are much appreciated!!!




2 comments:

Karlee, Tyson, Erin and Rylee said...

Oh, my gosh. It's like I'm reading my own post. I really really wish I could help you out on this cuz that would mean that I knew what to do about it for myself. I just don't know. I'm exactly like you. I was obsessing for about 4 hours in the middle of the night about which stuffed bunnies to get my girls for their easter baskets. Aaaahhh! It does make me feel a teensy bit better to know that I'm not the only one!!

Tiffany Renee said...

Haha! Well it makes me feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone too! I feel a little less crazy now. lol. If I ever find any help I'll definitely share!

Pin It button on image hover