Saturday, April 20, 2013

Clicking my heels {Daily Diaries}





My life as of late has consisted of a few things. Driving back and forth from Layton to West Jordan (where we now live.), taking care of baby Grace, taking care of Grandma Grace, cleaning my inlaws house (where we live.), and finding my norm. And let me tell you....it has not been easy.

I like change. I really do! But, not this kind of change. Right now we are living at my in laws house. It's been a tough adjustment. Grace has not taken the move well. She was so stressed out and fussy for the first week here. I thought I was going to go crazy! But I kept telling myself that Grace doesn't understand what's going on and why we moved. It was so sad to see her struggle. But I loved the extra snuggles and late night cuddling. Gg is finally adjusted, I think.

But, one of the major reasons why we moved here is because of Jared's 93 year old Grandmother, Grace. She is my mother in laws mother. And my mother in law works during the day and really needs someone here to watch over grandma while she's at work. Grandma Grace is so sweet. And taking care of her is seriously an honor. And she really isn't a "high need" elderly woman. She can still walk on her own (with a walker), feed herself, go to the restroom by herself, etc. She is amazing. But she does need a bit of reminding when it comes to remembering where she is and why she's here. Other than that, she's pretty good :) So everyday I get to watch the 2 Graces. "Big Grace" and "Little Grace". They keep me on my toes.

So as we were moving/selling our home I thought it would be so easy to find another home to move into. "We'll be at my in laws for a month. TOPS!", I told myself. Now. I'm not so sure. It seems like there is nothing out there right now! It's so frustrating. And I'm finding myself getting discouraged and beat down. I want my own home. I want a place to call our own! You know that old saying that goes "You don't know what you've had until you've lost it." Yeah. That's ringing really true right now. I miss our old home so much! I won't lie to you, I BAWLED my eyes out the night that we left our home. I cried and cried and cried. My eyes were so swollen the next day it looked like I had been beat. I think I was just sad to say goodbye to our first home. Where we brought Grace to, first thing from the hospital. Where we put lots of sweat into our yard. Where we planned every detail, every inch of that house to be the way we wanted it. And suddenly. It was all gone. And we had nothing. We have nothing. Still. And it's a bummer.

Onto other news. House hunting is sorta fun. I've seen a lot of great homes and a lot of crappy homes. (NOTE TO SELLERS: If you want to make and good impression on any buyer, CLEAN YOUR HOUSE!!!! We actually saw a house today that had crap in the toilet. Um, HELLO! FLUSH!!!!! Definitely not buying that house.) It's fun to see peoples different styles and see what I like and what I don't like in a home. I hope we can find a home soon.

As for me, I'm just hanging in there. It's really not bad staying at my in laws! They have been more than hospitable and are so sweet to us. (Not to mention they love to babysit Grace. So Jared and I have gone on a lot of dates lately. It's been fun!) But I really would love to NOT live out of boxes and have a place of my own. I just wish that I had some buddies here in WJ. Grace and I desperately need some play dates. DESPERATELY! So if you live in/close to WJ, hit us up! (Or let us in on all of your secret/awesome playgrounds. That would be great:)) I think it would help our time go by a little faster while we're here too. And that wouldn't hurt. Anyways. I hope you've enjoyed my rambling/ silly update on my life.


There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.



No comments:

Pin It button on image hover