Thursday, April 18, 2013

I'm a Caffeine Addict {Daily Diaries}







I've seen enough TV shows to know that the first step is admitting that you have a problem. So here goes... My name is Tiffany and I can't live without energy drinks. I go through different levels of dependency with this substance, and when I first discovered the delicious non-carbonated RockStar Recovery, I might have been drinking one a day... Everyday... The lack of bubbles and the super yummy taste basically eliminated all of the things that would keep me from drinking too many energy drinks before.

Let me introduce you to a little something I like to call Heaven in a Can

{The UNDONE blog} RockStar

Also my best friend, the only one who understands me, lifts me up when I am down, makes me happy when skys are grey... Did I say Heaven in a can already? I'm a firm believer that there are no problems that can't be solved with a RockStar. 

I said I have problem, right?

But I don't care what anyone thinks. I can quit any time I want.

I just don't want to...

Ok, truth is I DO go on breaks all the time. But mostly because I build up a caffeine tolerance after a few weeks of heavy energy drinking, and that just takes all the fun away! Why bother drinking an energy drink when it doesn't give me any kick?

For reals though, I've gone through stages where I've been so tired all the time that I wished I could just inject caffiene straight into my veins. An 8 AM class, anyone? Yeah, I was drinking 2 energy drinks a day just to stay conscious back then. Months of night feedings with a new baby? Moving to one nap a day with a toddler? If it weren't for energy drinks I might have had to declare my house as an official dump site. I don't know how people can live without caffeine, I really don't. I'd like to give all of those peeps a giant pat on the back, because you're stronger than I ever could be.

Don't worry though guys, I'm currently off the juice. As in not drinking it daily, or even weekly. GO me! I still have my Live Wire Mountain Dew about 4 times a week (or less, I've been cutting back on that too), but I'm only drinking the hard core stuff when I'm in serious need of energy. Which is the way I like it best, because I love having that friend I can turn to when I need a pick me up.

So there you go, sometimes I wonder how I even make it day to day with all the craziness. The answer is lots and lots of store bought liquid energy. And when that doesn't work I just cry. Anyone else out there as hooked as me?




2 comments:

Ashley said...

the ONLY reason I am commenting (because as a rule, I try not to comment unless I have something positive to say) is because these things are a recent concern of mine. I used to love energy drinks (but stopped during my pregnancies and time spent nursing) - our dear friend Codey passed away in December. Very young maybe 25/26 years old. Everyone initially thought it was suicide, then there was speculation of an undiagnosed medical condition... but now that the toxicology reports have been returned, the doctor confirmed that he passed away due to energy drink abuse. Now I can't tell you how many he drank in a day (and I don't doubt it was far more than you do), but the doctor said his heart was racing so fast from it that it skipped two beats... and that was enough. In moderation, as with anything, energy drinks are fine, but just in case you see it getting out of hand, think of what I said! I never thought energy drinks could do that!

Tiffany Renee said...

Yikes Ashley, that is super scary! I'm definitely not drinking that much, I would guess he had to have had a lot a lot to make something like that happen. It takes like 80 cups of coffee to have a caffeine overdose!
Even back in my college days when I was drinking more than one energy drink a day I'd never have two consecutively, I like to be energized, but not all hopped up and jittery. Thanks for the heads up! I did learn the hard way to make sure to check that any medicines I'm taking don't have caffeine or other stimulants in them before I drink energy drinks too!

Pin It button on image hover