Friday, May 3, 2013

Bedtime Wo's {Frequent Frustrations}






So for the past month or so Grace has had the hardest time falling asleep at night. It could be a number of things. Moving, for instance was a nightmare for Grace. She was totally out of her element and she would just cry and cry. Even when I would rock her in my arms. I tried everything. I finally held her in my arms and kissed her little face and said "Gracie, I love you so much! You are safe here. There is nothing to be worried about. Go to sleep and I will see you in the morning." I would then put a blanket in the crib with her, turn off the light and walk out. For the next 20 minutes or so I would listen to her cry until she fell asleep. After about a week of doing this, she finally was happy with me just laying her in her crib and would fall right asleep.

But the last couple of weeks have been so hard! She has been so on and off. I never know what kind of  a night I'm going to get with her. Is she going to cry herself to sleep tonight? Or is she going to go down easy? I literally have to gear myself up for rough nights. It's draining! And I hate hearing her cry. I hear a ton of opinions on wether or not you should let your kid "cry it out". And I can't make up my mind!

I can't rock Grace to sleep for 2 hours every night until she finally decides to fall asleep in my arms. But I don't want to hear her cry every night before she falls asleep. I've tried a before bedtime routine with songs, book and blankets to help get her comfy and relaxed. I've tried the no sugary stuff after a certain time of day. But nothing i've tried has worked. I swear she's regressing! hahaha! She used to fall asleep so easy and would hardly cry at night.

I mean, Grace is now 20 months old. She should be used to going to bed and should be in a routine by now. Don't you think? I guess what I'm saying is i'm at the end of my rope here. Am I a bad mom for doing this to Grace? Have your kid/s gone through something like this? What did you do? Any advice? Help a stressed sister out!!! Hopefully some of you mommies out there have gone through something similar with your kids. Please leave comments for all of us to see! Mommies everywhere need some ideas on their kids "Bedtime Wo's". Thanks!


Here is a little pict of my family and I at the zoo last weekend. Grace and her cheesy grin kill me. (As well as Jared's "honest Abe" shirt. Men. lol!) I like to show off picts of my sweet Grace. So sue me! ;)






And keep posted next week for some guest roll calls/room roll calls!!! We have some awesome things planned for "The Undone Blog"! Get excited!!!!







No comments:

Pin It button on image hover